Re: OK, Frame's the obvious choice f

Subject: Re: OK, Frame's the obvious choice f
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 16:37:34 EST

Debby Moller said:

>In his negative run-down of FrameMaker (Windows), Patrick Brian O'Connell
>didn't mention the worst bummer of all, namely, that the machine crashes when
>you "page" through graphic-heavy files. The only way (I can find) to avoid this
>is to turn off view of graphics, which is a pain.

>My local FM dealer claims they have never heard of this problem before (natch).

Then obviously, you must have been talking to them at the exact same time I was
talking to them, because they hadn't heard of it when I mentioned it, either.

Surely they wouldn't have fibbed about that.

(My "favorite" is still when it crashes while you're on a page with a referenced
graphic. I've seen Frame reach into the -reference- file, in another directory,
and obliterate the file. I'm not kidding. Frame has assured me, of course, that
this is quite impossible, even though it happened to me half a dozen or so times
last spring.)

Rick Lippincott
Eaton Semiconductor
Beverly, MA