Re: Character Tag Changes Autonumber Tag?

Subject: Re: Character Tag Changes Autonumber Tag?
From: Paul MacGyver Carman <paul -dot- carman -at- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 15:51:23 -0500

Greetings again!

With regards to the autonumber font changing in Frame, here is
some additional information. I hope this helps!

* I'm not trying to change the autonumber tag. I'm using a
character tag to change the font of the text that comes *after*
the autonumbering.

As a result, I have not used the character formating in the
Numbering section of the Paragraph Designer.

* The autonumber font is Times Roman. This is good. So now I have:

1. This is the text.

If I highlight "This is the text." and use an "Italic" character
tag, the "1." changes to italic text as well. This is not good.

If, however, I highlight "This is the text" (no period), the "1."
remains Times Roman.

This only happens if I change the font of *all* of the text in the
line. It does not happen if I change *most* of the text font.

Side note: I am not highlighting the paragraph marker when I change
the font of the text.

Thank you very much for your help!

-Paul

= Paul MacGyver Carman * =
= Harris Corporate HQ * Choose to chance the rapids, =
= (407) 724-3205 * and dare to dance the tide... =
= (407) 724-3627 (fax) * =
= Paul -dot- Carman -at- harris -dot- com * - Garth Brooks =