Re: Missing Fonts in FM4/Windows

Subject: Re: Missing Fonts in FM4/Windows
From: "Dan S. Azlin" <dazlin -at- SHORE -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 00:14:56 -0500

On Mon, 23 Jan 1995, Susan Gallagher wrote:

> > I'm using FrameMaker 4.0.2 for Windows on a 486-66 w/ 16M of RAM.
> > I have a lot of Windows fonts installed (several hundred).
> > When I try to select a font from the pull-down menu, a window
> > opens with what I suppose are all 200 fonts, listed in
> > alphabetical order. I say "I suppose", because I can only
> > see the A's and the B's, and there doesn't appear to be any way
> > to scroll down the list to get to fonts that begin with C through
> > Z. Naturally, almost every font I would ever want to select for
> > use in FM begins with something _other_ than A or B.
> >
> > Help!
> >
> > How do I pick fonts?
> >
> [snip]
> >
> > -Watson Laughton
> > laughton%alloy -dot- bitnet -at- pucc -dot- princeton -dot- edu
> >
> Really friendly, isn't it.;-) If you forget the menu and open up
> the character designer, you'll be able to access all your fonts
> via the Family drop-down list.

or...
you can open up the character designer, select fonts, and access all of
your fonts in the same way.

or...
the best way is to define named character formats that are added to your
character format catalog. Then you only have to highlight the text in
question and select the predefined character format by name from the
catalog list (NO, not the font name, the name that you give it that means
something to you in the context that you are using it.)

Good luck!

Dan Azlin ** Word Engineers, Technical Writing & Publishing **
dazlin -at- shore -dot- net