Mac files to PC

Subject: Mac files to PC
From: Paul Strandlund <Paul -dot- Strandlund -at- X400UX -dot- SASKTEL -dot- SK -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 10:27:16 -0600

Mail*Link(R) Mac files to PC
>Okay, I hope this question doesn't expose me to a lot of ridicule (although
>that's never stopped me before). Here's the problem. I wrote my thesis
>on in Word on a Macintosh Classic. I've got copies of it, and I'm still
>able to
>print it off if I need to. However, since I use a PC now, I'd much rather
>have
>a copy that I can manipulate on that platform. I've been wanting to work
>over
>some sections for publication and would really much rather send something
>formatted in Frame than in Word.

>Now that I'm aware of the limitations of some programs, I'm pretty amazed
>that I actually finished my thesis without a lot of agravation (or
>lamentation).
>Of course, now I'm also aware that Aldus PageMaker doesn't really belong on
>Classic with 4 Megs of DRAM.

>Any suggestions on how to swap these files between platforms?

I would have to say try to find a copy of Apple File Exchange. It allows you
Mac to read DOS disks and transfer the file to the disk. First try to save your
file as something that word will recognize. This will make it easier to
transfer over to the PC.

On the other hand I may not have a clue what I am talking about but I have had
to switch platforms here at work many a time and I always need my personal
files. This is the way that I switch them over from one platform to the other.

Now that I can find Power Macs in the company I don't have to woory too much
about platforms 8-).

My $.02 (Canadian o'course)
Paul (paul -dot- strandlund -at- sasktel -dot- sk -dot- ca)
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love" Albert
Einstein