Re: Grammar vs Content

Subject: Re: Grammar vs Content
From: Laurie Rubin <lmr -at- SYL -dot- NJ -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 10:00:03 -0500

I ALWAYS preface a draft doc (expecially the first one, even the second
iteration if appropriate) with a reminder in the form of a note or a verbal
statement to the effect, "please disregard all grammar, spelling, etc. as these
areas will be taken care by final draft; please add, delete, or modify the
content for technical accuracy, only." Either I have been lucky, or a note of
this kind helps.

The only ones that end up correcting the spelling, etc., are those that I know
have nothing technical to contribute, but want to have input to the doc!

P.S.,
I think this is a great list to help solve our problems as well as to enhance
our knowledge of the job.
Laurie