Re: Ads on Internet...

Subject: Re: Ads on Internet...
From: Paul Moloney <pmoloney -at- MATHS -dot- TCD -dot- IE>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 1995 01:03:32 -0000

Lisa Steinberg <aa075 -at- ra -dot- cs -dot- OhioU -dot- Edu> writes:

>It is really a sad thought, but unavoidable.

No it isn't. Read alt.current-affairs.net-abuse for news
on how junk-mailers, spammers, and other various assorted
net.vandals are being countered. Net providers are realising
that having people and companies who send junk mail and
automatic posts to groups are a liability, not an asset.

>All this puritanical talk about
>"net-etiquette" (something most folks ignore anyway) will eventually
>stiffle the very potential in the Info Highway.

I'd be interested to hear you expand on this, though not
in this forum.

P.
--
moorcockdenislearypratchettdelasouliainmbanksneworderclivejamesbatmanpjorourke
vr p a u l m o l o n e y "`Discipline!' I bellowed.`Remember Vince Lombardi!'"