Top Ten Books to Own

Subject: Top Ten Books to Own
From: Stuart Selber <sselber -at- HUBCAP -dot- CLEMSON -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 1995 09:40:03 -0500

ie thread --> top ten books to own

I really learned a lot from reading Langdon Winner's _The Whale and
the Reactor: A Search for Limits in an Age of High Technology_ (Univ
of Chicago Press, 1986). He places the design and use of technologies
within a wide range of contexts and helped me think about the
non-technological forces that help determine, for example, how we
design an interface or help system. Lots of good connections
here......

Stuart

Stuart A. Selber
Assistant Professor of Technical Communication and Rhetoric
Department of English
Clemson University 803-656-1677 (voice)
Strode Tower, Box 341503 803-656-1345 (fax)
Clemson, SC 29634-1503 sselber -at- hubcap -dot- clemson -dot- edu

http://marvin.clemson.edu (MAPC Program/under construction)
http://www.clemson.edu (Clemson University)