Re: Is the Customer Always Right?

Subject: Re: Is the Customer Always Right?
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 08:10:00 -0500

For those who don't know, most of the buildings left standing in Kobe
met California earthquake standards. The crumbled highway you saw on
TV met Japanese earthquake standards.

Actually, the reports I heard were that it *didn't* meet Japanese standards.
What happened was that someone in the Ministry tipped off the construction firm
about which sections of highway would be inspected and which would not, and the
construction firm, like a good little short-sighted profit-conscious entity, cut
costs on the sections it knew weren't going to be inspected.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 24