Advice on English vs. Tech Comm. degree

Subject: Advice on English vs. Tech Comm. degree
From: Ed Richter <ERICHTER -at- VMHOST1 -dot- MNSFLD -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 11:50:53 EST

Hello all,

I am an English major here at Mansfield University (where the heck is
that!?) and am interested in technical communication as a profession. What I w
as wondering was what are the advantages of a tech. comm. degree over as Englis
h degree, am I missing some fundamental information? Also, my school doesn't o
ffer any kind of tech. comm. classes, what would be anyones suggestion in getti
ng some sort of expierience in tech. comm.

From the depths of rural PA.
-Ed