Learning on-line help

Subject: Learning on-line help
From: QMS Account <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 17:57:30 +0800

I would like to learn how to write on-line help, but it's clear there are
two things I need but am not sure how to get: 1. some program that lets
people create on-line help systems, 2. some book(s) that teach me how
to design good on-line documentation. Any suggestions? BTW, I'm looking
at Windows help systems because I'm running windows at home. I'm also
running BSDI on a PC, if that helps open up the range of programs I might
look at...

Julie Brodeur|*|jule -at- steam -dot- com|*|julie -at- torque -dot- com|*|Marketing Geek
"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."
-Jack London

I just bought "Designing & Writing Online Documentation" by
William Horton. (2nd Edition). A really great book. Over 400 pages.
Deals with making design decisions, contains many examples and how to
do messages, menus, help files, tutorials, hypertext, hypermedia, etc.
Pub is Wiley.

Bob Morrisette
robert -dot- morrisette -at- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM