February meeting of SGML Forum of NY

Subject: February meeting of SGML Forum of NY
From: Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 19:29:33 EDT

The SGML Forum of New York invites you to attend

We &heart; HyTime

Date: Tuesday, February 14, 1995

Place: McGraw-Hill, Inc.
2nd Floor Conference Center
1221 Avenue of the Americas (lobby entrance off 49th Street)

Agenda: 5:30 Registration and Opening Remarks
5:45 Keynote Speaker: Dr. Steve Newcomb, TechnoTeacher

Yes, it's Valentine's Day. So why not come to the February meeting of the SGML
Forum of NY? Dr. Steve Newcomb of TechnoTeacher will explain HyTime, the
SGML-based language for encoding hypermedia and time-based information such as
multimedia or music. Steve will cover the history and the fundamentals of
HyTime, and give us insight into the developments and applications we can
expect to see soon. Charles Goldfarb has called HyTime "the future of SGML."
Come to the February meeting and find out why.

Upcoming Programs:

On March 14th, the subject will be converting formatted text files into SGML.
Mark Gross of Data Conversion Laboratory, a leading SGML conversion service
bureau, will explain the ins and outs of converting word processed documents
into SGML. SGML and word processing are based on two fundamentally different
paradigms that make the conversion of formatted documents into SGML
challenging. Mark will outline the issues, point out the pitfalls, and explain
the options involved.

About the Forum

The SGML Forum of New York is a nonprofit organization devoted to the exchange
of ideas and information about SGML. Organized primarily as a user group, the
Forum seeks to promote an understanding of the scope and benefits of the SGML
standard and to further its practical application within a variety of
industries, including publishing, financial services, insurance,
pharmaceuticals, and telecommunications. Membership in the Forum is not
required for attendance.

Reply by fax to (718) 357-8776.

"We &heart; HyTime" Tuesday, February 14, 1995

o Yes, I will attend.

o No, I cannot attend but please keep me on your mailing list.

Telephone: ( )

Make address corrections on the label below. Please invite your colleagues, and
add to this sheet the names, addresses and telephone numbers of those who will
be attending.

SGML Forum of New York, Inc.
Bowling Green Station
P. O. Box 803