On-line help and manuals

Subject: On-line help and manuals
From: Dan Glovier <Mailbox!tsh!dan -at- MCS -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 14:07:52 -0600

We are developing our first Windows<insert trademark symbol> product,
and I am fortunate enough to be developing the on-line help. I am using
Doc-To-Help
as our help tool.

In a perfect world, the on-line help document and the manual document would be
separate beasts. However, due to time, staff size (2), and all of the other
regular inhibitors, we are trying to determine whether or not these documents
can be (or should be) one in the same. Whatcha think?

FYI, Doc-To-Help has a neat little feature that allows you to designate portions
of the document as Manual or Help only. This sounds like it could resolve some
issues.

Thanks in advance,
--
Dan Glovier
dan -at- tsh -dot- com

"Wanna go back to fifth grade, but I'd be 23."
- "What It Is" Too Much Joy