TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:Re: ROADMAP Internet Course From:Kathy Moore <kkm -at- IRIS132 -dot- BIOSYM -dot- COM> Date:Fri, 10 Feb 1995 09:09:13 -0800
>From: "Dana B. Mackonis, I are a writer,
> DTN 381-1283" <maconis -at- SUPER -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
>Could whoever posted the note about the ROADMAP to the Internet free course
>please repost the address or contact me offline. My mail has consistently
>bounced to the posted address. Thanks.
The ROADMAP lessons are archived and available through (FTP, I presume)
or through a listserve. To get the complete instructions (excerpted
below), send e-mail to LISTSERV -at- UA1VM -dot- UA -dot- EDU with the message
* Welcome to the filelist for the Roadmap for the Information
* Superhighway Internet training workshop! This filelist contains
* ALL of the lessons and files that were distributed to the
* 62,000 Roadmap workshop participants in the fall of 1994.
* If you are interested in having the Roadmap workshop lessons
* and files e-mailed to you in one-week "blocks," send an e-mail
* letter to
* LISTSERV -at- UA1VM -dot- UA -dot- EDU
* which says
* GET MAP PACKAGE F=MAIL
* in the BODY of your e-mail letter. The LISTSERV will process your
* letter and will (eventually) send you two letters. The first letter
* will tell you a little more about the Roadmap workshop, and the
* second letter will tell you how to get the lessons e-mailed to
* you in one-week blocks.
* If you are interested in retrieving the lessons individually,
* please use the