Re: Re[2]: Who's the author?

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Who's the author?
From: Mike Bradley <mike -at- ZOSER -dot- SPHINX -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 17:25:13 -0800

> Vince Putman writes:
> >
> > > ...we all should start adding our name to the book somewhere.

I work in Silicon Valley. Getting credit in the manual often isn't a problem,
because the company already does it. But if they don't, I use my Everybody
strategy.

I ask for permission to create a Credits section in the manual that lists
everyone who played a significant role in the project, from project manager
to key programmers, testers, etc., and everyone who played a significant role
in producing the manual. That way, they all have a stake in my getting what I
want.

I prefer putting the section on the copyright page, but sometimes it's too big,
and sometimes companies prefer that I put it in back, after the index (what's
the term for that page?).

- Mike