Re: Get a Life!

Subject: Re: Get a Life!
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 08:09:00 -0600

I have a brilliant idea for you. Look it up in your dictionary before
you send a message out like this! While *you* may not like it, the
usage of task as a verb was perfectly valid.

I'm reminded of a scene from Nero Wolfe again. One of his operatives used the
word "contact" as a verb, and Wolfe criticized him for it. He replied, "Sir
after you said that the last time, I went home and lokked it up in the
dictionary. It *is* a verb, transitive or intransitive."

Wolfe: "Not in *this* house it isn't."

Do something more
worthwhile with your life than critiquing e-mail messages. STOP
ASSAULTING MEMBERS OF THE LIST WITH YOUR WORTHLESS RHETORIC AND YOUR
STUPID PET PEEVES!!

Good advice. Take it yourself.

Have fun,
Arlen