Re: (Against) sneaking your name in

Subject: Re: (Against) sneaking your name in
From: lawrence lavigne jr <ltl2 -at- MAX -dot- TIAC -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 12:06:22 -0500

On Wed, 15 Feb 1995, Mark Levinson wrote:
> Using identifiable in-house names in a screen grab (like
> using DEMO and TEST as file names, or using joke names such as Q.T. Pye or
> whatever) is a hint that your product does not exist in the real world..

Mark has a point - but I think you can do two things, still - know your
audience - I expect silly stuff from silly software and would feel
cheated if I didn't get it.
I have a "family" of software examples that are close enough to my name
(if there should ever be a reason I would need to prove anything -
probably not in my job, though) that I use EVERYWHERE. And it is
timesaving to always draw from the family - I don't waste time thinking
up new data. It is also helpful for screen series where follow through may
not be important, but looks smoother.

Nancy Lavigne
ltl2 -at- max -dot- tiac -dot- net