Left hand side

Subject: Left hand side
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 10:50:36 MST

Does anyone else out there have a problem with saying

"...on the left hand side of...." (or right hand side; no matter)?

Whenever I encounter it I yank out the "hand." Once we get
beyond first grade, I think it's extraneous. However, I see it
everywhere.

Comments?

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=