Re: Style question - pushbuttons -Reply

Subject: Re: Style question - pushbuttons -Reply
From: Judith Leetham <JUDITHL -at- WORDPERFECT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 15:48:03 -0700

Here's a radical idea. Leave off the Click (or Choose or Select) OK.

We have been testing docs with that last step left off and our users
never missed it.

>>> Laurie Rubin <lmr -at- SYL -dot- NJ -dot- NEC -dot- COM> 2/16/95, 09:04am >>>
I currently write English documents that are translated to Japanese.
For clarity and quick location on a window, I try to provide some
window element info within the step:
Click on the OK button.
Click on the check box to the right of <label name>.
Select an item from the drop-down list.
etc., etc.

I use "Select" when there is more than one way to highlight one or
more item(s) in a list. The "selection" methods are provided in the
doc only once.

I also make sure that all documentation have a reference section
describing all mouse actions and window elements that are used in the
documentation and on the gui.

Laurie