Re: Any info about GUIDE system?

Subject: Re: Any info about GUIDE system?
From: Kit Warfield <KitW -at- ASYMETRIX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 14:30:00 PST

This message is in response to Jean McMahon's question about GUIDE.

GUIDE, a hypermedia authoring system, is now published by InfoAccess, Inc.,
in Bellevue, Washington. (formerly known as OWL International) It began as
software based on research at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland. The
first commercial product was made for the Mac platform in the mid-80s, and
in 1990, a Windows version was published. I believe the company supports
only the Windows platform now.

GUIDE is especially suited for large documents. It provides four types of
"buttons" which one can define for hyperlinking information. It also
contains a scripting language for more flexibility.

You can contact InfoAccess at: 2800 156th Ave SE, Bellevue, WA 98007;
206-747-3203; CompuServe: 76545,444. [I believe they also have a
straight Internet account as well, but I don't know the address. Also, I
believe they have a 1-800 number, but I don't know what it is.]

Cheers,
--kw
KitW -at- Asymetrix -dot- com
Manager, Instructional Design Group, Database Products Division