advertising

Subject: advertising
From: Bonni Graham <bonnig -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 17:44:10 -0800

I wasn't gonna. I bit my tongue, I bit my cheek, I counted to ten, I
even logged off the net and thought about it, but the irony of the whole
thing was just too much.

In the year and a 1/2 I've spent on this list, I've noticed one
constant:

Every time there's an advertisement, people on the list spend more
bandwidth complaining about the ad and arguing about whether advertising
should be allowed, or under what circumstances, or what constitutes
"good" advertising than the original ad EVER took.

I just find it ironic. And I find it ironic that this posting continues
the irony.

Bonni Graham
Owner, Manual Labour
bonnig -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com