Bandwidth, government

Subject: Bandwidth, government
From: "David Blyth @second" <dsb -at- ALSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 10:37:31 PST

Hi all;

Marguerite sugests...

>Congress is currently considering gutting the Fourth Amendment

I think Marguerite has this completely turned around. If any bill
approved by Congress becomes law (passed by the Senate, signed by the
president), then the Supreme Court has the power to `gut' the
_law_ passed because it violates the Fourth Amendment.

Or to put it another way, Congress does not have the power to `gut' the
Fourth Amendment. In fact, not even the Suprement Court can do that.
The only way to `gut' any portion of the Constitution is to pass
another amendment.

There are many things wrong with our government. But I feel like we
must understand how the government currently works before we seek to
change it.

David (The Man) Blyth (dsb -at- thomsoft -dot- com)
Technical Writer
Thomson Software Products

My opinions are not necessarily those of my employer (but they should be).

Blodo Poa Maximus