Re: Shipping Books versus Ordering Books by Mail

Subject: Re: Shipping Books versus Ordering Books by Mail
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- WORLD -dot- STD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 09:00:28 +0001

For goodness sake, ship at least a booklet or card with the basic
instructions for setting up an using the printer. Mega-frustration will
result otherwise!

Doc-To-Help gave me lots of books with the product, but I had to send in
a card for the user's guide. Pain in the butt, since that was the one
book I really needed. I had to wait two precious weeks of my project time
before I could get at the stuff I really needed, not just play around
with the tutorials and help

I agree that nobody needs 1000 printer manuals. Some suggestions:

~ Give the customers an email address and an 800 number they can call to
order manuals. Most would prefer that to snail mail.

~ Price the manuals separately and let them order what they want.

~ Make the manuals available on CD-ROM. Granted they can't print them
until they get the printer up (chicken-and-egg), unless they have
another printer around, but if your customers have the readers, they'll
be used to getting documentation that way...and it's searchable.

Good luck!

Marguerite