About ads--DELETE if you wish

Subject: About ads--DELETE if you wish
From: Steve Mott <steve -at- DEMAND -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 13:10:52 -0500

Another country heard from:

I recently joined this list to pick up tech writing tips, and I
have--MANY--thanks.

I also posted a brief message about direct digital printing which is
a service provided by the company where I work. Some might call it
an advert. It was meant to share a very good service with people who
might well benefit from it.

Perhaps you would be interested to know that exactly two "flames"
were received--one polite, one pretty forceful. That leads me to
believe that the remaining members of the list were able to delete
and forget it. If you were offended but deleted it, thank you and
sorry for the intrusion.

The question is now: Will I continue to post and bug people? No. I
understand the list members are not interested. If I continued to
post "ads", I would expect and deserve a nasty response.

Personally, I welcome new information, especially if it is quickly
read. The long thread on advertising doesn't fit that category,
though I admit I am adding to it now. I suggest we all take a deep
breath and get back to work.

Best wishes,

Steve