Re: [Humor] Translations

Subject: Re: [Humor] Translations
From: David Dubin <David_Dubin -at- NOTES -dot- PW -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 05:12:23 PST

When I was stationed in Germany for my first overseas tour of duty, I
noticed a German chewing gum that I just had to send to everyone whom I knew
back home. The name of the Gum was Juck and its "mascot" was a duck in a
sailor suit similar to Donald Duck. The gum was OK, but what made it unique
from my standpoint was the packaging. You see, the German script alphabet is
slightly different than ours and the caps letter J has a dash across the
center of it in the same manner that Germans put a dash across the number 7.
The J appeared to an American to be an F. You can guess why it was wildly
popular with my friends back home.

david dubin -at- notes -dot- pw -dot- com