Re: Book/Document Design Resources

Subject: Re: Book/Document Design Resources
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 18:21:51 -0700

The Graphic Design Cookbook sounds like a winner. I'll look for a copy to
add to my collection. One I have and like is Tom Lichty's _Design
Principles for Desktop Publishers_--a HarperCollins publication. My copy
is an '89 edition. I understand there is an updated version out. I don't
have the price info on it. _Design Principles_ covers typographic
principles, layouts and so on.

The _Word for Windows Design Companion_ by Katherine Pfeiffer (Ventana
Press, ISBN: 0-940087-77-4, $21.95) also has lots of good design ideas.

The best idea book I've seen, however, is my swap file. I collect
examples wherever I see them and keep them in a notebook (inserted into
transparent sleeves). If you aren't already doing something similar, I
highly recommend it.

RoMay Sitze People are persuaded more
rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu by the depth of your conviction
than the height of your logic,
More by your enthusiasm
than any proof you can offer.
-author unknown-