Common/Difficult Problems

Subject: Common/Difficult Problems
From: Kelly Burhenne <burhennk -at- SMTPGW -dot- LIEBERT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 10:30:03 EST

Text item: Text_1

Herman writes:

> I am interested in starting a thread here of the most common and
> most difficult problems tech writers encounter and must overcome

My biggest problem: most of the source material I get is from this
person who has to be the _world's worst_ writer (e.g., an book). I
have never seen even *one* correct sentence from him (I am _not_
exaggerating)! He's in training and in the past few years has devoted
a lot of time and effort to products that nobody else is interested in
(because he has to teach them). So when it comes time to do that
manual, I have to start with his source material because it's the only
material that exists (he really knows his stuff, he's just a _bad_
writer).

I feel really badly about this, because he is a great guy and, as I
noted above, he really does work hard.

Kelly
burhennk -at- smtpgw -dot- liebert -dot- com