Re: Add to mailing list

From: David Demyan <concord -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 11:18:49 -0800

You wrote:

>Please add me to your mailing list, especially for job leads. I have two
>e-mail addresses:

>Andrea_Landau -at- TESSERACT -dot- COM
>LandauAC -at- aol -dot- com

Andrea: I don't know if you'll get any response to the request for addition to
the mailing list. They have a specific procedure for this that requires you to
send e-mail to their machine, get a response requesting confirmation, confirm
your desire to be added, then, voila, you are added and get a bunch of mail each
day.

Start out by sending the following message (body) to
LISTSERV -at- VM1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu:

SUBSCRIBE TECHWR-L <put your name here>

Then you'll get the confirmation message.

As for job leads, look at the usenet group: misc.jobs.contract. Scan the
listings for the characters TWR or Tech Writer or some such. This group sports
about 400 posts per day, so be selective about what you read, based on the
subject lines.

Also, STC hosts a bulletin board with a BUNCH of job leads. You must be a member
to use it. If you are a member, see the Jan 95 issue of INTERCOM for directions.
If you are not a member, check out their anonymous FTP directories at clark.net:
pub/stc. There are a bunch a files there you can download and look at, including
the job leads and I don't think you have to be a member.

Best of luck.

Dave Demyan *** Mendem Concord, Inc.
(908) 753-8500 *** One Mountain Blvd.
concord -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com *** Warren, NJ 07059
FAX: (908) 754-8224