TERMINOLOGY - Dressing

Subject: TERMINOLOGY - Dressing
From: "Sevigny, Josee" <joseey -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 11:56:34 -0500

Hi all,

We're righting documentation for the utilities industry. In UK, they use the
word "dressing" for the process of manually applying tags and flags to maps
of their distribution network. In our software, these tags and flags are
represented as a change in the symbol's properties (i.e. color, size,
orientation, appearance...).

Our US clients are not familiar with the term "dressing" and we would like
to use the word to express that process.

Would anybody know of a better term?