Re: A Test to Select Competent technical Writers

Subject: Re: A Test to Select Competent technical Writers
From: "Robert W. Jones" <shaka -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 14:31:41 -0800

Mr. Dubin are you a test expert? Any lawyer worth his or her salt would
eat you alive in court. Do you have any professional training in test
theory, practices and methodolgies? Do you have any academic training in
such a science? Have you published any such papers in said science? Are
you aware of the Federal laws and regulations regarding preemployment
testing?

Too many writers want to play experts in subjects that should be left to
other experts. You would have to show test results (maybe over several
years) and your hiring/application procedure under the light of the court
process. This is what test and wanna be experts face evry day in court.
This is why so many test/cases are settled out of court.

-

-