Re: Contracting to start with

Subject: Re: Contracting to start with
From: Glen Accardo <glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 12:44:45 -0600

E-mail glen -at- softint -dot- com

> Or is being considered for a contract when there is a full-time job
> the kiss of death for that company?

It isn't the kiss of death. To some degree, they may not be certain of
you. On the other hand, they may not be certain of something besides
you.
* Is there enough work to justify a full-time position?
* What kind of person do we REALLY need?
* Are our short-term needs the same as our long-term needs?
* Maybe they are hiring a group of people and need some indication
of the real skills that each member will bring.

In any event, if you want the job, take it. If you are as good for the
job as you think, and the job is as good for you as you think, contract
work is the perfect place to strut your stuff.

glen accardo glen -at- softint -dot- com
Software Interfaces, Inc. (713) 492-0707 x122
Houston, TX 77084

Did the Corinthians ever write back?