Proposal: Peer reviews

Subject: Proposal: Peer reviews
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 10:25:18 LCL

Greetings! One of us posted a note today saying that she'd love to get
some peer review feedback on her own competency. (Sorry, my quick
trigger finger deleted the message before I copied her name.) This
strikes me as a pretty good idea. For formal journal articles, there's
an involved peer review process, but I've always found it useful to
get constructive criticism on how I write/edit. So here's the
proposal:
Anyone who is willing to act as an informal critic should post
their name and e-mail address in this forum, specifying (as narrowly
as desired) what areas of writing/editing they're prepared to
critique. This posting should be renewed periodically (say, every six
months or so) to alert newcomers to the list to the services offered.
Then, all reviews should be handled by private e-mail (NOT via the
mailing list). Details of file transfers to be arranged by the
participants.
To start the ball rolling, I'll volunteer myself for the following:
information design, technology transfer, usability testing of
scientific information.
Any takers?
--Geoff Hart #8^{)}
GEOFF-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA