Re: Resume turn-offs

Subject: Re: Resume turn-offs
From: Bev Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 11:35:05 MST

Susan W. Gallagher said--
Yes, the interviewing really does need to go both ways. That's why,
when I'm on the being-hired end, I plant some stuff in my resume
that's designed to turn-off the kind of employer I know I don't want
to work for.

Karen Kay responded--
Can you give examples??? Not that I can afford to drive anyone away at
this point, but in case I ever have to?
======
I'm pleading ignorance here. Being a well-entrenched government
employee, I haven't been on the job market for 20 years. Can
someone tell me why one would need to plant "turn-offs" in a
resume? If offered a job by a company you don't want to work
for, is there anything wrong with simply saying "No, thank you."?

Or is the intent not to even be put into that awkward position
in the first place?

Why submit your resume to a company you don't want to work for?

signed Confused

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "These opinions are mine, not my employer's." =*=