Delphi or ?

Subject: Delphi or ?
From: "Johnson, Mike C. @ SLG" <MCJOHNSO -at- SLC -dot- UNISYSGSG -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 15:33:00 MST

Right now I am trying to find an on-line service for my home PC that
provides full Internet capability (Telnet, FTP, etc.) without requiring me
to run a Windows-based communications program. At present I have email
capability only (free through a local bulletin board), and I'm running a
communications program called COMIT, which came with my discount warehouse
modem. This combination is a little faster and cheaper than the Pony
Express, but not quite as reliable.

I have a 386SX with minimal RAM and a small hard drive, so running Windows
isn't an adventure, it's a job (very, very SLOW). The modem is better,
however, and runs at 9600 baud (14.4 k baud with the right software).
Upgrading won't be an affordable option for quite a while yet.

Can anybody recommend an on-line service and non-Windows communication
software that works with this on-line service? I am looking at a couple of
local providers and Delphi at the moment, but am unsure which way to pounce.

Thanks in advance for all assistance.

Mike Johnson
mcjohnso -at- slc -dot- unisysgsg -dot- com (work)
michaelc_johnson -at- email -dot- state -dot- ut -dot- us (home)