Early bird misses job?

Subject: Early bird misses job?
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 16:19:34 IST

The conventional wisdom I've always followed is that you want to respond
quickly to learning of a job.

** I think statistics say that the last person interviewed very often
gets the job. (Fully 50% of the time, I read, but I'm not sure I believe
that figure.) I don't know whether that's because...

a) they leave the strongest impression

b) by the time they arrive, the interviewer is determined
to like somebody before it's too late

or

c) when somebody acceptable has been interviewed, further people
don't get interviewed at all.

Anyway, if it isn't the last person interviewed who gets the job,
statistically it's very often the first person...

||- Mark L. Levinson, mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il -- Box 5780, 46157 Herzlia, Israel -||
|| - Death to fanatics! - ||