Re: Resume vs. cv

Subject: Re: Resume vs. cv
From: Bex <rebeccaf -at- COMPNEWS -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 14:40:06 +0000

Just in case anyone is applying for a job in England:
We don't use the work 'resume', we only use the word 'cv'.
From your descriptions of a 'resume' I think it is the same thing.
It has to be as short as possible, to the point, and can be designed to
target a specific job.

A couple of years ago I had a US American businessman critise my
cv/resume. I took his advice and it worked very well in England.

I'd imagine this applies to the rest of Britain, but I don't know.

Rebecca Filardo, IS-Liaison, PA Data Design, /\ /\
The Bishop's Manor, Howden, N.Humberside DN14 7BL / o o \
Phone: UK 01430 432480 Fax: UK 01430 432022 > ^ < cat