Re: Testing: The Final Word

Subject: Re: Testing: The Final Word
From: RoseCrowe <ncrowe -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 12:05:25 -0700

On Wed, 8 Mar 1995, Robert Plamondon wrote:

> But did they write any of it? Many of the "writers" who have come
> my way have never actually written anything. I'm still astonished by
> this. Large segments of the industry don't expect writers to do anything
> but make engineer-written documents prettier. I find this incomprehensible,
> horrifying, and embarrassing. I thought that the concept of "writers
> write" was something that anyone could grasp. But it ain't so.

I'm with you, Robert. In fact, I've had jobs where my manager
was *astonished* to find out I could *write* documentation, rather
than just pretty it up. I'm won some big fans by proving it, too.
But I had to beg for the chance first! Wierd, huh?

Rosie (NorthCrowe)
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
*******
"Half an hour's meditation is essential except
when you are very busy. Then a full hour is needed."
-St. Francis De Sales