Re: Early bird

Subject: Re: Early bird
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 10:44:10 MST

Sue Stewart wrote--

I believe you will find that in many cases the "last
interviewed gets the job" because when the hiring manager
finds what appears to be the right person, he/she STOPS
INTERVIEWING. You know how whatever you have lost is always
in the last place you look--since you stop looking when you
find it?
=========

Just to add another viewpoint on this...

In federal civil service, the hiring official has the option of
interviewing all qualified applicants or interviewing no one. If
20 applicants were referred, the hiring official cannot
interview until he/she finds the right person and then stop. All
20 must be interviewed. The hiring official does, however, have
the option of conducting no interviews and making a selection
based on job application, resume, and references.

This may be based on equal employment opportunity guidelines,
but I'm not sure.

(This information is based on previous experience; regulations
change. If this one has, then I may be wrong!)

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=