Visual Basic 3.0/Access 2.0 compatibility

Subject: Visual Basic 3.0/Access 2.0 compatibility
From: "Oberc, Frank M PL" <ObercFM -at- PO4 -dot- PL -dot- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 11:10:00 MST

On March 12, Rick Miller of Big Rapids, MI. USA wrote:

>I'm very new to writing Windows programs. Is there any way I can write
>Windows Help files with Visual Basic 3.0 Standard Version and MS Word
>6.0? Do I have the Windows Help Compiler in either of these packages?

Visual Basic 3.0 PROFESSIONAL Edition provides the Help compiler, Rick.

>On a related topic, it appears Visual Basic 3.0 will not work with
databases
>developed with MS Access 2.0 Is this right?

You can download the VB3/Access 2.0 compatibility layer from the Microsoft
Download Service or their ftp site (ftp.microsoft.com) to enable Visual
Basic 3.0 to work with Access 2.0 databases

Best regards,

Frank Oberc
Product Information
Unisys Corporation
obercfm -at- po4 -dot- pl -dot- unisys -dot- com