Re: [INDEX] Comma Usage

Subject: Re: [INDEX] Comma Usage
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 12:44:50 MST

Josee Sevigny asks--
I add an index entry for every screen element that's referenced in the
document. Should I add this entry as:
Screen element, window
Screen element, push button
etc.
or
Screen element window
Screen element push button
etc.
======
Hi, Josee. I'm not the index expert on the list, but there are a
few out there and I'm sure they'll reply as well.

First, if you want these things listed under a "Screen element"
entry, that's fine, but I would list "Screen element" only once
with the element names beneath it:

Screen element
push button
window
etc.

Second, if you think the screen elements are important enough to
be indexed, you may also want to list them separately in their
appropriate alphabetic section of the index:

push button

window

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=