Re: [INDEX] Comma Usage

Subject: Re: [INDEX] Comma Usage
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 07:29:51 EST

said:

> [snip]
> First, if you want these things listed under a "Screen element"
> entry, that's fine, but I would list "Screen element" only once
> with the element names beneath it:

> Screen element
> push button
> window
> etc.

> Second, if you think the screen elements are important enough to
> be indexed, you may also want to list them separately in their
> appropriate alphabetic section of the index:

> push button

> window

Beverly -- I'm embarrassed to say that your response is better than my
response to Josee yesterday :-) (And I am a professional indexer.)

Unfortunately, I was in crunch mode, and I dashed off a quick response
even though I wasn't sure I understood Josee's question.

Lori Lathrop ----------> INTERNET:76620 -dot- 456 -at- compuserve -dot- com