Dilbert

Subject: Dilbert
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 11:30:01 -0800

>In a nut shell, a lady writer blows up at an engineer for not reviewing
>her stuff. The engineer relents, reads the stuff, and then says,
>"These pages are blank! You've been bluffing for months!" To which the
>humiliated writer replies, "I think I'll go have a yummy compost
>salad with delicious fetid cheese."

>It wasn't even mildly funny. It maligns women. It maligns tech writers.
>I paid good money to get insulted.

I didn't see it as necessarily any more insulting to women or tech writers
than anyone else.

I remember puzzling over it for a while after reading it, but in the end I
decided that it had a lot of conflicting messages. I still don't understand
it, and it may just be stupid, but I don't find it offensive.

By the way, the famous Berkeley restaurant Chez Panisse (which once took a
phone call from Air Force 1 reserving a table for two hours later) serves
compost. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Technical Writer in Berkeley CA srm -at- c2 -dot- org