Re: QUERY: vertical text

Subject: Re: QUERY: vertical text
From: Bex <rebeccaf -at- COMPNEWS -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 13:47:49 +0000

On Tue, 14 Mar 1995, Jo Davidsmeyer wrote:

> Which way should vertical text run?

> We have a new format for press releases, marketing announcements, and
> special notices that has a dark color block about an inch wide running
> the length of the left side of the page. We're reversing text (titles)
> in the block. Which way to run the text: baselines toward the page or
> away? We're having a small war between the graphics people and the text
> people, so any references or sources would be greatly appreciated. Text is
> justified to the top of the page (the one thing we agree on).

I think it should DEFINITELY run from bottom to top, because books are
either bound on the left or at the top. If you have the text running
from top to bottom then the book could be perceived as being bound at the
bottom or having pages turn the wrong way.

> > Thank you. > --
> Jo Davidsmeyer |
> jad -at- tct -dot- com |

Rebecca Filardo, IS-Liaison, PA Data Design, /\ /\
The Bishop's Manor, Howden, N.Humberside DN14 7BL / o o \
Phone: UK 01430 432480 Fax: UK 01430 432022 > ^ < cat