Re: laser vs inkjet printers

Subject: Re: laser vs inkjet printers
From: Marilyn Heinzel <mheinzel -at- WINTERNET -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 1995 23:53:51 -0600

I have a 4?-year-old HP DeskJet 500 300x300 dpi at home. It's
adequate for
all but the few projects that require my taking a document to work to
print on the 600x600 HP LJ 4M because it's to be printed and needs the
higher resolution output for better reproduction. It has never
malfunctioned or needed repair. My only (tiny) complaint is that it gives
no warning when the ink cartridge is low: one page will print beautifully
and the next is awful and priming doesn't help and I've learned through
bitter experience to keep an extra cartridge on hand. Also, there are
times when personal stuff would be much better with color.
I used a Canon 4000 bubble jet at work briefly and found it pretty good!