Re[2]: laser vs inkjet printers

Subject: Re[2]: laser vs inkjet printers
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 10:21:00 -0600

I used an HP Deskjet 500 for several years before switching to a Laser Jet
4P last year. I agree completely with your assessment. I found the Deskjet
to be an almost flawless printer, despite rigorous use. As I recall I had
one problem with it in 5 years of use, and the HP dealer fixed it for free
(3 year warantee) and returned it in one day.

I'm still using a 500C and the only problems I have are:

a) I print color so infrequently that the cartridge sometimes dries out before
getting used up, even though I keep it in the little box HP provided for the
purpose. (Hardly the printer's fault.)

b) Refilling ink cartridges is much messier than the Canon Bubblejet-based
printer I was using previously. It's so messy I've stopped doing it.

(If you're interested, I thought the Canon printer had marginally better print
quality, but the HP's ink seems to be less prone to smearing.)

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 24