Re: splitting up a big Word file

Subject: Re: splitting up a big Word file
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 06:34:39 PST

>5. Call Microsoft and complain. Politely, but firmly and often --
> until you get a satisfactory response.

>They will continue to release dreck unless their user base rebels.
>You paid good money for that software, and it's not too much to ask
>that it work as advertised.

You're assuming that Customer Support is actually listened to by others
at Microsoft, and serves a product-improvement function. I don't
doubt that this is true at H-P, but it strikes me as unlikely at
Microsoft. Microsoft improves products by blindly copying features
from their competition, not by listening to anybody. That's why
Word is such a piece of junk. It has all sorts of features (plagiarized
from better programs), but they're all jumbled together without cohesion,
and any attempt to USE most of them will quickly reveal at least one
of Word's innumerable bugs.

-- Robert