Re: File names in text

Subject: Re: File names in text
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 15:37:11 -0800

> > BUT--this stuff is all done in ASCII, so I can't use font changes to
> distinguish anything.
> >I've decided to use single quotes, because a) I feel like I have to do
> >something, b) I think they are less intrusive than double quotes, c)
> >double quotes are used elsewhere for real quoting.
> >
> >Does this decision make sense?
> >
> I'd use all uppercase without quotes. BTW, have a look at DOS help, all the
> commands and filenames are in uppercase.

I stopped using uppercase for file names long ago. Too many
case-sensitive command lines and GUIs anymore! But I can't
say I'd like to see the single-quotes either. Check that
"have to do something" feeling again... Could it just be
too much lunch?

Sue Gallagher
StarBase Corp, Irvine CA
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com