Dumb form letter programs

Subject: Dumb form letter programs
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 23:42:20 -0800

>Many of the banks biggest customers received letters that began
>"Dear Rich Bastard...

I receive form letters from nearly brain-dead mailing programs all the time.
One of the funniest came a number of years ago, when I was still using my
first initial, "S."

Often, in those days, I received mail addressed to S R Mateosian. It was one
of these that began "Dear Sister Mateosian."

Well, it seemed hilarious at the time. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Technical Writer in Berkeley CA srm -at- c2 -dot- org