Re: MS Internet Assistant: Problems

Subject: Re: MS Internet Assistant: Problems
From: Sue Heim <SUE -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 14:30:05 PST

Stephen Schiller writes:

> While I've enjoyed MS Internet Assistant for designing HTML documents, it
> gives me a lot of memory problems. For example, while running Word6 after
> installing WordIA, I can't run any other applications in Windows. Now, if I
> load the other applications first, I have no problems. It's only after I
> start Word6 with IA that I have problems.

I've notice some conflicts with other utils that I've installed with
Word, also.

> Also, I can't browse the Web from within Word6. This function does not seem
> to work. I use WordIA for creating HTML documents, and I use Netscape for my
> Web browsing.

> Has anyone had similar problems? Did you find a solution?

WordIA isn't to be used for browsing the Web -- it's purpose is to
enable you to create documents in HTML format to be used on a Web
site. You must use a Web browser (such as NetScape or Mosaic) in
order to browse the Web.

BTW, for those wanting to learn how to code HTML docs, check out URL
http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu

There's instructions and all sorts of goodies up there!

..sue
Sue Heim
Research Information Systems
Email: Sue -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com