Re: What Matter Subject Matter?

Subject: Re: What Matter Subject Matter?
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 06:50:45 -0800

Perhaps overlooked:

- This will be hard on the three-letter abbreviation (TLA) addicts.
- It makes sense.

jb
I never understood what "matter" added to the descriptor. So I began
calling these people (generically) "subject experts." It gave a few people
pause and then they adopted it readily. Is there any reason to stick
"matter" in there?

Is there something I'm overlooking here or have the terms just become habits
in training and technical writing circles?

John Gear (catalyst -at- pacifier -dot- com)

The thing about Rush Limbaugh is that when he says "feminazi" I can't tell
if he means it as a putdown or a compliment.