Re: Writing Tools (Commentary)

Subject: Re: Writing Tools (Commentary)
From: "Steven J. Owens" <puff -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 17:56:24 -0800

Marilynne (m -dot- smith182 -at- genie -dot- geis -dot- com) wrote:
> If you're homesick for typeing keystrokes instead of using pointing devices,
> that is, typing ^c, etc., you can try Unix's vi editor. It's still going
> strong. <grin>

No thanks; if your system is macho enough (my home system isn't
:-( ) Gnu EMACS outstrips vi by lightyears. It has everything but the
kitchen sink - and the Xwindows version has that! (the X version
of emacs uses a kitchen sink icon for the executable :-).

Steven J. Owens
puff -at- netcom -dot- com
"And remember, 'vi vi vi' is the number of the beast!" -- alt.religion.emacs